Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1....Ok, here goes......

Happy New Year!
Don't you just love the new year? To me it's like the first day of school when you get to use the new notebook with perfectly clean pages, just waiting to be written in. Yeah, I know, a little dorky.
This blog is sort of the same thing (I don't mean dorky). I am going to take a picture a day (actually probably more) and upload it to this new blog. Sort of a clean slate kind of thing but with a long term commitment. Hopefully I won't waver with this commitment. Today, 1.1.11, it seems like a pretty cool thing to do but I wonder how I'll feel when 3.14.11 comes along. Will a picture posted a day seem like a drudgery? We'll see, won't we?
Well, here's my first picture of 2011. As a little girl I would always lie right beside the Christmas tree and look up at all the lights. I would squint my eyes to make the lights look a little more dreamy than they usually do. The image posted here is a throwback to my little girl days. Hope you like it and I hope each of you has a blessed, safe and healthy new year.
Got to run, the collards are simmering on the stove, the cornbread is ready to pop in the oven, got a friend bringing Hoppin' John and the champagne is chilling in the refrigerator. I'm ready for a new year full of good luck and prosperity!
Peace,
Stephanie
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Happiest of New Years Stephanie! I love your sharing photos and your reflections...it is thought provoking and heart-warming. ~Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rita! Hope your Christmas was wonderful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting!! I know what you mean about the lights---since I'm "blind" without my glasses, I used to take them off so all the colors would blend! Hope your New Year is the best! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked. I love it, Stephanie! Hope you can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete