Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

I got glasses the year I was in fifth grade at Craven Elementary School in Greensboro, NC. I finally figured out I needed them when I kept borrowing my friend's glasses in order to see the blackboard. Her name is Susan C. and thank goodness she only sat one seat in front of me.
The day my mom and I picked up my glasses was a late afternoon and as we were driving home, I started laughing. She asked me what was so funny and I told her I didn't realize the tops of the trees were made up of tiny little twigs. To me that was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. The detail of the trees had been lost on me for so many years, it was like an epiphany once I put my glasses on!
I think that is one of the reasons I have always loved the starkness of a bare winter tree.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to upload a picture of a bare tree with snow and ice covering it.
Wooo hoooo!
We're all counting on no school and a good amount of snow. Have fun!
Peace
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment